With designer fashions coming in and going out of style at what may seem like the speed of light to some, it can be hard to keep up. Those who want to remain on the cutting edge of fashion will find that this spring and summer’s collections are stunning, elegant and easy to adapt into every day and special occasion wardrobes alike.
From the runways of Paris to those in Milan and New York, there seems to be an underlying current in fashion for the current and upcoming season. The styles are cool, comfortable, feminine and quite often simple and sophisticated. Using clever embellishments, such as draping and gathering, designers have taken traditional styles and added a little extra pizazz to make them stand out as distinct.
Fashion conscious women who want to stay in step with style will find some of these designs are quite hot for the warmer season:
- Dresses – Strapless, tank and halter dresses embrace the warmth of the season while enabling ladies to show off their feminine curves. This style in dresses is spectacular for afternoon lunches, board rooms and even nights out on the town, depending on how they are accessorized. With major designers embracing simple, but elegant cuts, women can rest assured they will turn heads. Other popular fashions in the dress category include T-shirt dresses, flowing jumpsuits and form-fitting, pleated one shoulder designs.
- Blouses – Much like dresses, warmer season fashions have taken on a practical aspect with tanks, short sleeves and T-shirts all very much in style. Keep in mind that the hottest designs aren’t quite average. Asymmetrical tanks that present with a flowing appearance are quite hot as are print and breakaway back tanks.
- Pants – Fashion lovers will find the options in pants run the gamut from classic cropped styles and flare jeans to high-waist trousers and simple tuxedo-waist shorts. Again, simplicity and elegance tend to permeate most styles. Fabrics that are in include waxed linen, silk and denim. For an eye-catching alternative, consider skirt pants.
- Jackets – Dressing up a look or adding a little warmth on days when the wind is blowing becomes easy courtesy of this season’s designs. Very much in are sweatshirt blazers, wax linen blazers and stunning ribbed shawl cardigans. The latter styles are perfect for wearing over tank dresses for evenings on the town. For more utilitarian styles in jackets and coats, A-line trenches, classic biker jackets and cargo styles are in.
- Shoes – Ultra high heels, wedges, simple sandals and ballerina flats all in spring colors are very much in as the perfect accessories for the feet. For those nights on the town, bold reds and pinks in pumps and platforms are quite popular as are patterned prints.
Staying in step with fashion this spring and summer is a bit easier than many realize. As the temperatures start to rise, think classic styles with feminine flare to remain on the cutting edge. From basic tanks and halters to flare jeans and beyond, the upcoming seasons blend practicality and beauty in their styles.